The Bare Board Group Incorporated.
I joined the Bare Board Group (BBG) in March of 2012 as the Engineering Director of the organization. BBG began operations in 2002 in response to a growing need among smaller OEM and EMS companies for lower volumes of printed circuit boards at lower offshore prices. BBG became a US supplier of printed circuit boards built in the Far East. BBG set out to eliminate the fears and difficulties of offshore manufacturing by becoming an extension of its customers’ purchasing departments, handling all interactions with pre-qualified overseas vendors.
During my time at the company I have come to appreciate the differences that set BBG apart from their counter-parts sourcing boards from other parts of the Globe. The key differences are as follows…
- BBG has a dedicated office located in Taiwan that communicates with the Asian factories immediately. Logistical, engineering and quality criteria are professionally and precisely communicated to the Asian factories. We translate and interpret your needs to them so that you don’t have to.
- BBG has boots on the ground in each of the factories in Taiwan. Manufactured lots of printed circuits boards are source inspected by BBG employees. Our team of professional inspectors ensures that all customer requirements have been met prior to leaving the factory.
- BBG personnel travel the Globe on a routine basis to perform audits of all of our manufacturing facilities on a quarterly basis. Our quality and engineering experts travel the distance to audit our facilities with our customers or independently for those that cannot afford the trip. We meet with the team at the factories, understand their process and verify that they can meet your unique needs.
- BBG offers a stocking and inventory control program for interested customers. All customer requirements are different. Once the parameters for the stocking and inventory control program have been agreed upon we take over. BBG shall procure and manage your inventory at preset levels shipping the product to you when you need it.
- BBG is now ITAR registered and we have been authorized by the US Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) to procure ITAR restricted printed circuit boards for our customers from two of our manufacturing facilities. The first facility is located in the UK and is MIL-PRF-31032 certified. They are a high technology HDI facility building complex Rigid and Rigid-Flex product. The second facility is located in Taiwan and building commercial grade product.
I am one of the professionals traveling to our factories on behalf of our customers. I am also the ITAR Compliance Officer at BBG. BBG offers a wide range of PCB solutions ranging from single and double sided boards to complex HDI multilayer Rigid and Rigid-Flex boards. BBG also handles low volume quick turns to mid and high volume production orders. Do you want to know more? Fill out the form below and click to submit. A BBG representative shall contact you shortly.